Recently we got Cory to sit down (that ain’t easy) and answer 20 questions that were submitted by Galleywinter members, members of Cory’s board and The Mob. Enjoy.
1. When you first started did you ever imagine that you would be one of the most influential song writers in Texas?
No, I just wanted to write and play
2. The new Album title is Nothing Left to Hide. How personal of a statement is that for you?
I imagine it is pretty self explanatory
3. The band has gone through some changes over the last year. How do you feel about your current line up?
It is the best and most talented band I could ever have wanted.
4. The new album is very mature. Is that due to circumstances that occurred over the last year or is it simply a case of getting older?
Probably a little of both, but thanks for the jab
5. Is there one song that you are just tired of playing every night?
Is there a song you are tired of me playing
6. “Heart Of Fire” reminds me of a Johnny Cash song was that a happy accident or was it planned that way?
I guess it is a happy accident
7. How was it different working with Keith Gattis as opposed to Lloyd Maines?
8. With the new album are you planning on longer road trips that take you to more venues outside of Texas?
Absolutely. Hopefully we will be getting out of the country as well
9. What is the best part of being Cory Morrow?
Not having a job
10. You have a lot of young fans. What advice can you give them about chasing their dreams?
You only live once, as far as you know, so dream on and go after them
11. Which is more enjoyable, writing or performing?
You can’t ask that because I can not answer that
12. What do you like to do when you have free time?
I play golf, ride my bike, and relax
13. If you could live any where in the world where would it be and why?
Texas of course. My second choice would be Costa Rica… “Pura Vida”
14. What was your inspiration for the song To the Beat of Your Heart?
Seeing people that are sad and wanting to show them that happiness is up to them.
15. Any plans for another release soon after To the Beat of Your Heart drops?
Yeah…. we haven’t picked it yet, but there will be one for sure.
16. When your soul is tapped out what do you do/where do you go to rejuvenate yourself?
Anywhere and everywhere. I like to hang out with my family
17. What is a venue you have always dreamed of playing but have not yet?
The Houston Rodeo
18. If you could look back on everything you have done up to this point, what would be your proudest moment?
Making this album
19. Are there any songs out there that you would like to cover someday?
Yes, but I can’t tell you… it is a secret!
20. If you weren’t playing music for a living, what would you be doing?
Managing Pat Green’s golf schedule